Engel, Stefanie, Prof. Dr.
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Engel
Institut f. Umweltentscheidungen
CHN K 76.3
Phone: +41 44 632 32 18, Secretariat (Loretta Santi): +41 44 633 92 07
Fax: +41 44 632 11 10
- New Instruments in Environmental Policy (including Payments for Environmental Services, Economics of Eco-Labeling)
- Understanding collective action
- Decentralization in Natural Resource Management (Outcomes and their Determinants, Determinants of Household Participation)
- Resource Conflicts and Negotiations
- Forest Carbon Projects, incl. REDD
- Migration in Response to Natural Disasters and Violence
For details please download my CV as PDF file (December 2013).
- 1994 MSc in Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Arizona (USA). Thesis topic: ‘Estimating the Benefits of Instream Flows: Case Studies from Arizona and New Mexico’
- 1999 PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Maryland at College Park (USA). Thesis topic: 'The Effectiveness of Demand-Based Mechanisms and Disclosure Strategies in Affecting Firms’ Environmental and Social Impacts'.
- 2005 Post-doctoral degree (Habilitation) at the Agricultural Faculty of the University of Bonn (Venia legendi in Resource Economics and Development Economics).
- 1997–1999 Research and Teaching at the Universidad de Los Andes and Fedesarrollo (Bogotá, Colombia).
- 2000–2006 Senior Researcher at the Center for Development Research, University of Bonn.
- 2001–2006 Junior Research Group Leader on 'Determinants and effects of alternative institutions for the management of natural resources in developing countries' at the same university.
- Since April 2006 Professor of Environmental Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich
See list of publications »»