Prof. Dr. Elena G. Irwin
Prof. Dr. Elena G. Irwin
Institut f. Umweltentscheidungen
CHN K 76.1
Phone: +41 44 632 46 77
- Chen, Yong, Elena G. Irwin and Ciriyam Jayaprakash (accepted). “Dynamic modeling of environmental amenity-driven migration with ecological feedbacks.” Ecological Economics.
- Clark, Jill K., Ron McChesney, Darla K. Munroe, Elena G. Irwin (forthcoming). “Spatial Characteristics of Exurban Settlement Pattern in the U.S.” Landscape and Urban Planning.
- Irwin, Elena G., Kathleen P. Bell, Nancy E. Bockstael, David Newburn, Mark D. Partridge, JunJie Wu (2008). “The Economics of Urban-Rural Space.” (forthcoming) Annual Review of Resource Economics.
- Irwin, Elena G. and Nancy E. Bockstael (2007). “The evolution of urban sprawl: Evidence of spatial heterogeneity and increasing land fragmentation.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). Dec 26, 2007; 104 (52): 20672-20677.
- Picket, S., Irwin, E.G. and many co-authors (forthcoming). “Modeling Urban Ecological Systems: Linking Biological, Physical and Socioeconomic Components in Metropolitan Areas.” Journal of Environmental Management.
- Robinson, DT, DG Brown, DC Parker, P Schreinemachers, MA Janssen, M Huigen, H Wittmer, N Gotts, P Promburom, E Irwin, T Berger, F Gatzweiler and C Barnaud (2007). “Comparison of empirical methods for building agent-based models in land use science.” Journal of Land Use Science 2(1): 31-55.
- Warren, Keith, Ciriyam Jayaprakash and Elena G. Irwin (forthcoming) “The Interaction of Segregation and Suburbanization in an Agent-Based Model of Residential Location.” Environment and Planning B.
- Wu, Junjie and Elena G. Irwin (2008). “Optimal land development with endogenous environmental amenities.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 90(1): 232-248.
- Chen, Yong, Elena Irwin and Ciriyam Jayaprakash. “Ecological Feedbacks and Fast-Slow Dynamics in a Model of Amenity-Driven Regional Growth.” Selected paper presented in the AERE session at the American Agricultural Economics Association Meeting, Orlando, FL, July 26-28, 2008.
- Irwin, E. and Carrion-Flores, C. 2008. “Identifying Spatial Interaction Effects in the Presence of Spatially Error Autocorrelation: An Application to Land Use Spillovers.” Presented at INRA-Paris, Workshop on Spatial Econometrics, June 2008.
- Irwin, E. “Developing process-based spatial models of land use change using economic theory and empirical modeling,” Invited presentation at the Global Land Project Workshop on “The design of integrative models of natural and social systems in land change science,” February 28-March 2, 2008.
- Irwin, Elena G. “Measuring and Modeling Land Fragmentation.” Seminar presented at the Institute of Environmental Decisionmaking, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, November 13, 2007 and Department of Geography, University of Zurich, May 2008.