- Engel, S., & Schaefer, M. (2013). Ecosystem services – a useful concept for addressing water challenges? »»
M., Perali, F., and Veronesi, M. (2014, online first). Recovering
Individual Preferences for Non-market Goods: A Collective Travel-Cost
M., Chawla, F., Maurer, M., and Lienert, J. (2014). Climate Change and
the Willingness to Pay to Reduce Ecological and Health Risks from
Wastewater Flooding in Urban Centers and the Environment. »»
- Zabel, A., Bostedt, G., & Engel, S. (2013, online first).
Performance Payments for Groups. »»
- Gerking, S., Dickie, M., & Veronesi, M. (forthcoming). Valuation
of Human Health: An Integrated Model of Willingness to Pay for
Mortality and Morbidity Risk Reductions. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
- Ingold, K. (in press). Explaining Policy Outputs - The possibility
of combining social network analysis with other methodologies. Policy
2013/12/15 – Special Issue of Forest Policy and Economics on "Payments for Ecosystem Services and Their
Institutional Dimensions: Institutional frameworks and governance
structures of PES schemes"
Edited by Gordon Hickey, Bettina Matzdorf, Claudia Sattler and Stefanie Engel. see »»
2013/10/29 – New book co-authored by former head Franz Schmithüsen
Schmithüsen, F., Kaiser, B., Schmidhauser, A., Mellinghoff, S., Perchthaler, K., and Kammerhofer, A. (2013). Entrepreneurship and Management in Forestry and Wood Processing – Principles of Business Economics and Management Processes. London: Routledge. See publisher's homepage »» (Flyer »»)
The article by Stefanie Engel and
Charles Palmer on "Complexities of decentralization in a globalizing
world." Environmental and Resource Economics 50:157–174 (2011) is
featured in the next issue of the Environment Progress series as being
of special interest to the progress in the Environmental Sciences field
Stefanie Engel is a member of the "Projektbeirat für die Studie Naturkapital Deutschland".
Stefanie Engel was named Member of the Advisory Committee on ‘Scaling Up Payments and Investments in Watershed Services’, Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation.
2013/02/25 – Prof. Engel's invited presentations
- “Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity – Where do we stand?” (Working
title) Keynote presentation. Forthcoming at the workshop “Biodiversity
and Ecosystem Services. Science – Policy – Finance – Welfare”, European
Investment Bank, September 25, 2013
- "Ecosystem Services – A useful concept for addressing global water challenges?". Keynote presentation. Forthcoming at the Global Water System Project (GWSP) Annual Conference 2013 'Water in the Anthropocene: Challenges for Science and Governance’, May 21-24, 2013, Bonn, Germany. »» Conference web site
- "Biodiversität und Ökonomie (Biodiversity and Economics)". Invited presentation within the Public Lecture Series "Ecuador und Galapagos - Topografie der Vielfalt" (Ecuador and Galapagos – Topography of Diversity), VHS Zurich. Forthcoming May 21, 2013. University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- "Designing Payments for Environmental Services – Lessons learnt and to be learnt". Invited presentation. Forthcoming April 24, 2013. University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- "Payments for Environmental Services – Design Aspects". Invited presentation to the German Research Foundation (DFG)’s Senate Commission on Biodiversity Research. Forthcoming April 18, 2013, Leipzig, Germany.
- "Payments for Environmental Services – Lessons learnt and to be learnt". Invited presentation. University of Lueneburg, Germany. Forthcoming January 21, 2013.